Vancouver Canada Kickboxing MMA Article Common Stressors
By Platinum Author Master Farhad Dordar:
Sport Kickboxing Federation SKF Canada
Stress is our mental and physical body’s way of responding to any kind of demand or intimidation. When we feel threatened, our nervous system react by releasing a flood of stress hormones, including adrenaline and cortisol, which arouse the body for emergency response. Your heart pounds quicker, muscles tighten, blood pressure rises, breath quickens, and our senses get more sensitive. These physical changes increase our strength and stamina, make the reaction time faster, and enhance our concentration.
Stress is a natural process that affects all living things, and yet when we talk about stress we’re not always clear about its sources or effects. In fact, stress is important to our survival as it helps us respond to both positive and negative stimuli in our environment. Unfortunately, stress can become a problem for many of us when we are overwhelmed by such stimuli. Whether we’re talking about a hectic work schedule, planning for a wedding, or recovering from an injury, stress is related to a wide range of situations and it can have a significant impact on our physical and mental health.
Dealing with stress first requires that you understand the causes of your stress. While there are many potential stressors, the most common tend to be these 5:
- Health Concerns – Whether you are dealing with a chronic illness such as heart disease or diabetes, or you have suffered a sudden injury or trauma, you are most likely dealing with stress.
- Emotional Problems – Depression, grief, anxiety, and low self-esteem are all conditions that are sometimes caused by other stressors, but that also cause stress.It can be incredibly difficult to get control over emotional stressors as they are often related to many other aspects of our lives including our relationships, our financial stability, and even our jobs.
- Social Problems – Difficulties with interpersonal relationships such as an inability to maintain friendships or the breakup of a marriage can be incredibly difficult to handle.These types of stressor also tend to have a broader impact on our overall level of happiness
- Major Life Changes – The loss of a family member, moving to a new country, starting a new job, or getting married are all major life changes that can cause stress.Remember that stressors are not always negative events, and even if you are experiencing positive change, you need to be mindful of your stress levels.
- Family Stress – Finally, family difficulties can be a major stressor.Even if you are simply empathizing with a loved one’s feelings of stress, conflict felt by family members or between family members can have a serious impact on your mental and physical health. Being active is one of the most important ways of challenging this deadly mental issue and it creates issues. Being involved in sports from childhood and being in the business of Sport specially Martial arts, I understand how this amazing sport could be one of the solutions to deal with many life stresses. one of the reasons people pick Martial arts or Kickboxing for their fitness is stress release, while hitting the target or bag we can feel relax after and all the focus engagement into the learning and occupying our mind while getting the exercise actually speeds the time passing quickly for practices. Vancouver Canada Kickboxing MMA Kfitnes martial arts Academy READ MORE
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/7750207